Solution Architect - Manufacturing
The Solution Architect will take a leading role in designing and implementing solutions for our customers.
You will play a key role in the entire project life cycle covering analysis, software design, development, testing and business integration. You will be the product expert for HSO’s Dynamics AX vertical solutions and as such must already have experience in Dynamics AX as an architect and have been responsible for shaping previous systems on an enterprise scale.
You will own the end to end solution design for prospective and existing customers to ensure delivered solutions are implemented in a cost effective, quality, controlled manner that satisfies the customers functional, technical and business requirements. This is a high visibility role, both internally and externally. The Solution Architect works with HSO customers and prospects. Your role may also be the bridge between sales and technical with a pre-sales element and responsibility. Good customer awareness and practice is essential in order to be able to fulfil the breadth of the role.
- Lead the solution implementation and services proposal during the pre-sales process
- Define and lead the requirements analysis and take a lead role in requirements workshops
- Guide the customer to the right solution for their business based on your knowledge of Dynamics AX and our industry solutions
- Provide the link between the implementation teams and the business community, ensuring the new system fits in with the customer’s trading cycles
- Oversee the business consultants and developers in the solution design, including quality assuring their work
- To work with current and prospective customers to fully understand their solution requirements in order to produce optimal solutions architecture
- To act as a lead consultant in project scoping activities
- To work closely with consultant and development teams to provide estimates and quotes for new solution
- To produce systems architecture and design documentation to agreed standards
- To understand the HSO project delivery methodology and recommend the implementation approach for new solutions
- To work closely with project teams and act as a point of reference/escalation during the implementation of a solution, closely aligned with the Project Manager
- To act as a point of reference/escalation for HSO support teams once a solution has been implemented
- To act as the technical design authority for any change requests to a current solution
- Liaise with clients in order to analyse business processes, clarify customer requirements and determine the scope of required solution.
- Business Process design/mapping and documentation
- Leading implementation through to delivery and initial post go-live support
- Develop design specifications
- Lead internal solutions design and process mapping workshops
- Manage customer expectations regarding the solution whilst ensuring the maximum use is being made of the software
- Participate in pre-sales activities as requested.
- Represent HSO in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Ensure that all Microsoft Certifications and Accreditations required to fulfil this Role within HSO are met as determined by you and the Consulting Head
- 4+ years of hands-on software implementation experience with Dynamics AX in a Lead Consulting role with 6+ years additional experience OR 4+ years working at a senior level within the manufacturing industry, with preference for discrete over process.
- Previous experience as a Solution Architect having been responsible for shaping previous systems
- Adept at Business Requirement Analysis and able to demonstrate a wide understanding of manufacturing business and manufacturing business processes
- Pre-sales experience
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Project Management awareness
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic AX Certification in at least three key areas e.g., Warehouse, Manufacturing and Project Manufacturing essential, Trade and Logistics and finance – desirable, but working knowledge of these latter will suffice
- Good understanding of implementation methodology OR demonstrate understanding of the implementation process for ERP systems
- TPS (Toyota Production System) and/or Six Sigma knowledge
- Educated to degree level, Dynamics AX Certification or demonstrate understanding of Manufacturing business processes and best practises
- Certified in Microsoft’s SureStep implementation methodology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- At least one implementation with documentation in the role of Solution Architect
- Experience implementing solutions for discrete manufacturer – for preference although process manufacturing will not be discounted
- Worked in a solution delivery capacity in the past
- The successful candidate may have come from a technical role and evolved into mastering the business application of AX, or equally may be an experienced ERP industry professional who has developed an in-depth understanding of the whole AX solution through extensive experience of working with it in complex implementations.
- In addition to your experience of successfully implementing AX, you will have the personality and ambition to evolve into a senior member of the HSO team with a high level of responsibility for the delivery of successful client implementations.
Based where appropriate whether on client site or in the office or working from home. Travel will be extensive to various locations. It will be a requirement to spend some time in the office in order to develop relationships in-house with the rest of HSO, as well as keeping abreast of the developments of the business and understanding the company’s approach to the market.
- Commercial & budget awareness
- Client facing
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management