Power Platform Consultant
Purpose of the role
In this digital age, we are increasingly reliant on data – and the amount of data companies are creating is continually increasing. While it’s great to collate all this data, it is useless unless companies gain insights and meaning from it, in order to make informed strategic decisions. We want to empower our customers to extract this value from their data and are therefore looking for a Power Platform Consultant to join us.
- To work closely with Project Managers, Architects and Developers to deliver successful Power Platform projects
- Attend client site, running workshops demonstrating the capabilities and benefits of Microsoft Power Platform
- Requirement gathering; working closely with the client to establish their requirements, translating these into business requirements
- Architecting, designing and delivering Power Platform solutions
- To provide internal training on Power Platform
- To work with internal R&D team and to develop Power Platform offerings that can be delivered to multiple customers.
- To deploy tools, processes and metrics to aid the development and performance management of future solutions
- To become the SME for Power Platform across the company
- Experience working with Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps/ PowerBI / Flow / Logic Apps)
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Basic programming skills e.g. Visual basic or C#
- Knowledge of configuration concepts and capabilities
- Understanding of technical aspects using gateways and custom connectors, and orchestration design
- Understanding of Webservices, Http, Json, HTML , OData
- Understanding of Azure services
- Strong knowledge of how BI integrates with D365 and other cloud applications.
- Strong understanding and experience of Data Warehousing concepts and tooling
- Strong knowledge of D365 from a technology point of view.
- Experience of the full BI Project Lifecycle.
- Understanding of D365FO database structure.
- Understanding of Dynamics F&O modules & functionality.
- Experience of another BI Tool such as ZAP, PrecisionPoint, BI for Dynamics or another tool.
- Experience developing data entities and Perspectives in D365FO
- Customer-centric – able to operate/influence key user level.
- Confident with customers and able to manage their expectations from both functional and commercial point of view.
- Organised, detailed and able to translate customer requirements into working documentation
- Cultural fit with HSO– articulate, knowledgeable and credible but with a relaxed, inclusive and non-confrontational style.
- Flexibility – happy to turn hand to any tasks/do what’s needed.
- Big picture thinking – ability to step away from the detail and direct (and allow other to progress/deliver specifics on their behalf) but support the team (at a micro level) if/when required.
- Facilitation – consensus-building approach with the ability to quickly and effectively assimilate, structure and present back options and ideas to varied set of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills including written, on the telephone and face to face
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Team player
- Ambitious for personal development, to take personal ownership and to contribute to the continued success of HSO
Manchester, Glasgow or Reading office with occasional travel to customer site, other HSO Offices.