HSO are a leading Microsoft Dynamics Gold partner who were founded in 1987 specialising in sectors such as Retail, Rental, Manufacturing, Professional Services and Local Government. With a head count of over 280 employees in the UK, winning multiple awards such as 2020 Microsoft Partner of the Year, Best Tech company 2021 and Top 3 Large Companies to work for 2021 our reputation in the Dynamics Market is higher than ever.
Prioritising customer satisfaction, our expertise and pragmatic approach to each customer’s business needs enable us to provide a 100% reference-able solution, supported by award winning 24-hour support. Our recruitment moto has always been – ‘We don’t want good people to just join us, we want them to stay with us’. Ensuring our employees are challenged, supported and engaged in our wider family is key to our continued success – we have a designated Learning and Development Team who are continuously offering the best training on the market, combined with an Engagement Team who are creative in ways we can have social activities virtually. From online chess tournaments, to coffee mornings, to Netflix and book clubs, virtual singing classes, online yoga – the list is endless!
HSO’s Enterprise Architect will engage with the customer at the highest business level, understanding the vision and translating that vision into a technology strategy which will be executed via the HSO Consulting teams as an effective and controlled program of work.
The enterprise architect will work in 3 major phases across client engagements:
- Analysis & definition
Provide the supporting detail to the vision in terms of business required capabilities, and how these come together to meet the business vision. Understand the environment in which the business operates and the constraints or opportunities of the legacy landscape. Help in the development of the capabilities and requirements by bringing in best practice and technical innovation and showing how it can be used.
- Architecture design & program planning
Matching up the technology to the requirements. Taking the requirements and strategies and picking the right technologies and approaches to deliver them effectively into the business. This will be documented as you produce the Architecture design, roadmap and definition documents that project services can plan and estimate against.
- Governance & Architectural change management
Governance. With the program in full flight there will be ongoing work to ensure it is sticking to the principles, and delivering the values, identified in the earlier stages. As part of the Design Authority you help provide the escalation point for projects, and the control point for the business to be able to re-direct elements of the program in response to business change.
This role covers the process from pre-sales to initial engagements through to the validation of work completed. As such the Enterprise Architect is the key consultant for the customer in the overall definition and implementation of their business systems. This is a highly visible role, both internally and externally.
While the primary focus of this role is in the provision of services to the customer, the Enterprise Architect will also be responsible for contributing to internal process and approach for architectural designs and decisions together with the creation of internal tools and for growing and disseminating the key learnings from new technologies or project experience.
Our model for Enterprise Architecture relies on individuals with the capabilities to lead, directing the engagement from a technology perspective, drawing in specialists and supporting teams to put together the right answers for our customers, and to help us win in a competitive market.
- Lead the customer engagement for architectural requirements gathering, design and governance
- Be able to inform and inspire the business debate on technology and digital transformation
- Facilitate discussions on business transformation through ideation and envisioning sessions
- Work with prospects and customer to determine the scope of work, and technology approaches, to create an overall enterprise architecture
- Understand the full breadth of the landscape in which the customer operates (business, geography, regulatory, etc.) and be able to use this in the definition and validation of the architecture
- Manage the enterprise architecture throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring it continues to deliver on the business vision, and delivers value to the customer
- Understand the direction of change of business and technology to create a long-term strategic roadmap
- Be able to assess the feasibility of new processes or technologies within a business
- Optimise and change business process to enable more efficient working practices and more effective technology deployments
- Define and lead the stakeholder engagement from an architectural and solution standpoint
- Make appropriate technology choices for the customer to support the architectural requirements and principles
- Provide the link between the initial engagement, business community and consulting teams across all elements of the program
- Oversee the Solution Architects working on a program of work, ensuring that their designs conform to the standards defined in the enterprise architecture
- Support key roles within the project by creating the framework and principles for them to work within. This could be change management, cloud solution architect, advanced data analytics, etc.
- Produce enterprise architecture and design documentation to agreed standards
- Understand the HSO project delivery methodology and recommend the implementation approach for new solutions
- Work closely with project teams and act as a point of reference/escalation during the implementation of a solution, closely aligned with the Program Manager
- Undertake Business Process design/mapping and documentation
- Create the space for agile, innovative projects running in parallel to the main program
- Participate in pre-sales activities, orchestrating and leading demonstrations
- Represent HSO in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Adhere to health and safety policy and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Ensure that all Certifications and Accreditations required to fulfil this Role within HSO are met
The Enterprise Architect will have senior working-level capabilities and experience with many business, functional (application) and infrastructure (operational) products, technologies, processes and services. While often relying on specialists for the construction, implementation and operation aspects of solution delivery in many of these areas, the Architect must have enough capabilities and experience across them to be able to successfully architect appropriate solutions of heterogeneous components.
- 6+ years of hands-on software implementation experience across a variety of roles, with at least 3 major projects or 3+ years in a solution architect or leading project role
- Previous experience as an Enterprise or Senior Solution Architect, having been responsible for shaping previous systems and complex programs of work
- Adept at Business Requirement Analysis and able to demonstrate a wide understanding of one or more of HSO’s key markets of Retail, Distribution, Manufacturing and Technical Services.
- Pre-sales experience
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Project Management awareness
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of the concepts of modern technology
- Expert level in at least one core area of Dynamics 365
- Broad understanding of all the elements of the Microsoft technology platform
- Awareness and understanding of key players and technologies in the business applications market (e.g. Forecasting software, HR packages, middleware, etc.)
- Good understanding of implementation methodology or demonstrate understanding of the implementation process for ERP systems
- TOGAF qualification, Foundation essential, Practitioner preferred
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or technical subject, or equivalent experience, with further qualifications in Microsoft technologies and industry qualifications e.g. TOGAF
- Senior business leadership experience (Finance Director, IT Director, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365, Azure services and Microsoft 365
- At least one implementation with documentation in the role of Enterprise Architect
- Experience implementing solutions for manufacturing, retail and professional services companies
- Worked in a solution delivery from consultancy side
- Vision and thought leadership in technology
- Commercial and budget awareness
- Client facing at CxO level
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Communication skills to be credible at every level
- Business influencing and leading
- Conflict management
Based where appropriate, whether on client site, in the office or working from home. Travel will be extensive to various locations. It will be a requirement to spend some time in the office in order to develop relationships in-house with the rest of HSO, as well as keeping abreast of the developments of the business and understanding the company’s approach to the market.