BI Technical Consultant
- To review Support responsibilities with regards to Business Intelligence
- To Transition current BI Projects to Managed Services/Support with particular reference to a current BI4Dynamics project.
- To transition ‘Interfaces’ from ongoing projects to Managed Servcies/Support, this will include review of design documents, reviewing of supportability, writing ‘First Aid Kits’ and delivering training materials and sessions to the HSO Service Desk.
- To work with the HSO CS Account Managers and to develop ‘small’ BI offerings that can be delivered to multiple customers.
- To deliver these BI initiatives to multiple Customers.
- To lead in BI projects focused on HSO Customers including all elements of the BI project lifecycle.
- To be productive in the development / delivery of BI elements whether these are reports, cubes & dashboards.
- To provide training and internal support to HSO Technical, Consulting and Presales resources with regard to BI technologies.
- To maintain and work within the company standards and process, designed to give traceability, accountability and maintain a high level of quality.
- Excellence in core Microsoft BI skills including Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS,
- Strong knowledge of how BI integrates with D365 and other cloud applications.
- Strong understanding and experience of Data Warehousing concepts and tooling
- Strong knowledge of D365 from a technology point of view.
- Experience of the full BI Project Lifecycle.
- Experience of Output Document Tools such as Bottomline Technologies or Quadira.
- Experience of End User Reporting tools such as Atlas.
- Good knowledge of general/core business processes.
- Good English language skills both written and spoken.
- Understanding of D365FO database structure.
- Understanding of Dynamics F&O modules & functionality.
- Experience of Management Reporter.
- Experience of another BI Tool such as ZAP, PrecisionPoint, BI for Dynamics or another tool.
- Experience developing data entities and Perspectives in D365FO
Manchester, Glasgow or Reading office with occasional travel to customer site, other HSO Offices.
- Excellent communication skills including written, on the telephone and face to face
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Team player
- Ambitious for personal development, to take personal ownership and to contribute to the continued success of HSO