Application Consultant - Retail
HSO are a leading Microsoft Dynamics Gold partner who were founded in 1987 specialising in sectors such as Retail, Rental, Manufacturing, Professional Services and Local Government. With a head count of over 280 employees in the UK, winning multiple awards such as 2020 Microsoft Partner of the Year, Best Tech company 2021 and Top 3 Large Companies to work for 2021 our reputation in the Dynamics Market is higher than ever.
Prioritising customer satisfaction, our expertise and pragmatic approach to each customer’s business needs enable us to provide a 100% reference-able solution, supported by award winning 24-hour support. Our recruitment moto has always been – ‘We don’t want good people to just join us, we want them to stay with us’. Ensuring our employees are challenged, supported and engaged in our wider family is key to our continued success – we have a designated Learning and Development Team who are continuously offering the best training on the market, combined with an Engagement Team who are creative in ways we can have social activities virtually. From online chess tournaments, to coffee mornings, to Netflix and book clubs, virtual singing classes, online yoga – the list is endless!
To deliver application consultancy, implementation services, training and support to customers, prospective customers and operational process as required. To work in all areas of project lifecycle from RFP and Tender through to Implementation and support, including providing project management support; with responsibility for solution design, delivery, deployment and post go-live support.
Liaise with clients in order to analyse business processes, clarify customer requirements and determine the scope of required solution.
- Business Process design/mapping and documentation
- Work on implementations through to delivery and initial post go-live support
- Delivery of training to key users and deliver or assist delivery of training to end-users as part of an implementation Working with Project managers to ensure as much as feasible activities are kept with budget, time and delivered to agreed quality guidelines
- Participate in and where required lead customer focused solution playback sessions and perform fit gap analysis
- Develop design specifications
- Participate in and where required lead internal solutions design and process mapping workshops
- Knowledge base for end users and team members on implementations. This can be product knowledge or industry expertise
- To carry out additional duties as may be assigned from time to time as instructed and agreed by Retail Consulting Head and that are considered within your skills remit
- In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal process and requirements as per the Company Handbook and operate in such a manner as to confirm to the Company’s Quality standards
- Represent HSO in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment
- Ensure that all Microsoft Certifications and Accreditations required to fulfil this Role within HSO are met as determined by you and the Consulting Head
- 4+ years of hands-on software implementation experience with Dynamics D365 F&O in a Consulting role Experience working on at least two successful implementations
- Adept at Business Requirement Analysis
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic D365 F&O Certification in at least three key areas e.g., Finance, Warehouse, Trade and Logistics, Dynamics D365 F&O for Retail
- Any industry specific knowledge or certification – ideally retail, or a mix of industries if not, rather than 1 specific vertical
- Good understanding of implementation methodology
- Educated to degree level, Dynamics D365 F&O Certification or Demonstrate understanding of Retail Business processes and best practises
- Certified in Microsoft’s SureStep implementation methodology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics D365 F&O 2012 for Retail
- At least one implementation in the role of Senior Consultant
- Experience implementing Dynamics D365 F&O for the retail or fashion industry
- Client facing
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Communication skills
- Team work
- Conflict management
Based where appropriate whether on client site or in the office or working from home. Travel will be extensive to various locations. It will be a requirement to spend some time in the office in order to develop relationships in-house with the rest of HSO, as well as keeping abreast of the developments of the business and understanding the company’s approach to the market.